PROOF's latest addition to the family was to bring in Performance Polymer Solutions, Inc. (P2SI) of Moraine, OH. P2SI’s world-leading product portfolio which includes proprietary, high-performance resins, state-of-the-art structural prepregs and high durability adhesive materials with service temperatures of over 1000°F.
Combining P2SI’s advanced aerospace materials, design concepts, and manufacturing methodologies with PROOF Research’s elite weapons systems and components creates a powerful platform capable of launching a new class of products for both the defense industry and commercial markets.
PROOF Research IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
WE DO NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, RELIGION, COLOR, SEX, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, MARITAL STATUS, MILITARY STATUS, GENETIC INFORMATION, OR DISABILITY.
Come join our Team in Moraine Ohio!
We are currently hiring for a Composite Manufacturing Technician I working with our manufacturing team!
Apply on line at https://proofresearch.submittable.com/submit or visit our website at Proofresearch.com / The Company / careers / and select the proofresearch.submittable link below the picture.
The Composite Manufacturing Technician is responsible for manufacturing composite parts in a team oriented work environment using specialized equipment. The position involves utilizing various molding techniques to modify carbon, glass, kevlar, and other fibers, fabrics and resins to create parts and structures according to project specifications.
1. High school diploma or equivalent required. Specialized training or prior experience in manufacturing or a related field is preferred. Industry certifications are preferred but not required.
2. Basic computer skills and ability to demonstrate the use and Microsoft Office programs required.
3. Proficient with mechanical machinery skills is required.
4. Demonstrated ability to utilize power and hand tools, up to including, but not limited to: scissors, utility knives, heat guns, drills, sanders, grinders, and molds to create parts by mixing different materials and textures, or other basic mechanical tools as required.
5. Must follow written directions according to company specifications and also clean assemblies before and after production.
6. Proven ability to complete tasks in a precise and accurate manner.
7. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers, and supervisors. Strong interpersonal skills are also important to explain the creation and troubleshooting processes to coworkers.
8. Must be able to read work instructions, drawings, blueprints and other sketches to fabricate parts from composite prepregs, and apply resins and reinforcements in specific quantities.
9. Demonstrated ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, and write reports to support making data driven decisions.
10. Ability to exhibit sound judgment and looks for ways to improve and promote quality while demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness.
11. Ability to work well in a team environment.
12. Ability to effectively work independently with minimal supervision.
- Operate manufacturing machinery.
- Assemble, fabricate and repair products from composite parts and materials.
- Lay out composite materials for molding.
- Fabricate and prepare molds per work instructions, drawings or blueprints.
- Trim, cut, and sand using industrial tools.
- Log, track, record and document materials, quantities, completed work, and products as required.
- Write reports according to observations and results and communicate detailed progress to the manufacturing supervisor.
- Repair machinery if necessary. Always following strict safety guidelines is required.
- Ensure product is made to specifications and meets quality guidelines.
- Order new supplies for manufacturing as necessary or required.
- Work with other technicians to complete production objectives in a timely manner.
Generally, the schedule is Monday-Friday during the day 8am-5pm; however, certain events may require flexibility to ensure no disruption in services is experienced.
Primarily works indoors in a manufacturing environment equipped with various tools. Requires high attention to quality, detail and deadlines. Due to equipment running, the environment may be moderate -noisy, but routine safety procedures have removed most of the risks. Appropriate PPE up to including, but not limited to: goggles and steel toed boots are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach or stretch with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities, as needed/assigned. This individual has the responsibility & authority to carry out tasks assigned by management.
Position Wage - $14 - $18 per hour DOE
Relocation is not offered with this position.